ASK is looking for a Portland-based Sr. 3D Designer.
ASK is a creative studio for the next generation.We shape brand perception with diverse audiences who are redefining the experience economy. Our work comes to life as immersive experiences, live events and provocative visual campaigns that always aim to curate and create vibrant audience reactions. We believe brands have a unique responsibility to create platforms for cultural progression while contributing to social good. Our methodology is not to chase trends but to get aheadof defining what’s next.
Design is one of ASK’s most important differentiators: we pride ourselves on leading the industry in designing the most aesthetically beautiful, culturally relevant and utterly engaging experiences and environments. As a senior member of our design team, this is largely down to you, your style and taste and your talent.
As a 3D Designer you are proactive, highly motivated and passionate: your roots in architecture and/or experiential design (activations, pop ups and live events, and retail design) help you articulate creative solutions on projects of any scale. You’re a great collaborator, working alongside graphic designers, design directors and creative directors alike, absorbing input and creating unique and engaging physical environments and experiences.
You are a close follower of design trends as well as cultural trends, and you strive to make beautiful and wholly unique environments and experiences that audiences cannot resist.
You’re also someone people love being around, and love working with. Talent is essential, but far from all we consider when bringing on new team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help visualize, conceptualize, and design original, innovative brand experiences that exceed client expectations
- Develop design direction set by creative leads as they apply to space and environments
- Output beautifully detailed, high quality, photo realistic renders that greatly impress clients
- Ability to work and communicate with project teams including creative leads, project managers, technical design and production
- Presents and speaks to design intent and visual story-telling, both internally and with clients
- Leads small-mid size projects
- Works quickly and efficiently, with files set up for seamless transition to production phase
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Graphic Design or related field
- 2-4 years’ agency or in-house experience as a Designer, preferably in retail design
- Strong commitment to deadlines and on-time execution
- Expert level proficiency in the following: Sketchup (or similar), Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Expert level in preferable 3D software (please note, Mac Users a plus, but not a requirement):
- 3DsMax +V -Ray OR
- Rhinoceros/Grasshopper for modelling + Keyshot for visualization OR
- MODO or Cinema4D or Blender for both modelling and visualization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
- After hours work and overnight travel required
You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We place great importance on ensuring a work / life balance, however we are a hungry and busy agency, which can mean tight timelines and the occasional call for going above and beyond, simply because our dedication to client satisfaction is uncompromising.
Some travel should be expected.
We’re a boisterous, fun and close-knit team, and we value each other as both colleagues and people to enjoy being around. We want you to feel the same way. We want you to enjoy coming to work each and every day.